Confirmation retreats hosted at the NET Center in West St. Paul are for Catholic youth grades 8-12 preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation. All of our Confirmation Retreat Weekends offer the same programming and content. They offer the opportunity for Adoration, Reconciliation, and Sunday Mass, as well as large group talks/presentations, small group discussions, games, skits, and more. They will have teens in attendance from all over the Archdiocese (and some from neighboring dioceses as well), and average 80-85 attendees each weekend.
These exciting, faith-filled weekends begin at 7:00 p.m. Friday evening and end at 2:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon. Attendance is required for the entire retreat. The cost for the retreat is $150, $50 of which is a non-refundable deposit. Fees include five meals and dormitory-style lodging. *Accommodations can be made for those with allergies to egg, dairy, gluten, and nuts, provided advance notice of at least 2 weeks is given. For other special food requests, including vegetarian and vegan meals, please contact Jeffrey Campeau. Throughout the weekend, you’ll hear talks on:
- What being Catholic truly means
- How the world presents a false reality to the way we live our lives
- The dissatisfaction we experience when we place the things of this world before our relationship with God
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit in relation to Confirmation
- Separate men’s and women’s sessions, focusing on our unique call as God’s sons and daughters
- There is also an opportunity for the sacrament of Confession and Sunday Mass.
- In the initial screening and selection process, NET requires several references for each potential NET team member, references who can testify to the suitability of a prospective team member. Each reference is originally submitted in writing, and then verified by our staff. This is part of the extensive application process which includes two live interviews and a letter from their Pastor stating they are in good standing with the Catholic Church.
- NET conducts a criminal background check of each prospect, specialized to accommodate the young age of the NET team members. Our criminal background checks are conducted by a private investigation agency called The McDowell Agency, which is also the agency being utilized by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. This background check includes a search on the National Sex Offenders Database.
- NET team members are trained and certified in safe environments through the “VIRTUS–Protecting God’s Children” course by the National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. NET Team members are also required to successfully complete NET’s training process, which is conducted prior to and during their ministry. During this training, the NET team members receive instruction concerning:
- appropriate standards of conduct for those working with youth;
- inappropriate speech, touch, and relationships with youth;
- requirements for creating a safe environment for all retreatants;
- guidelines for ensuring their own personal safety.
Lastly, all team members acknowledge, by their signature, that they have received, understood, and intend to conduct themselves in accordance with NET Ministries’ Personal Conduct Policies. Once the NET team members are in active ministry with NET, they continue to receive ongoing training and supervision by NET staff members, which includes weekly contact and monthly onsite visits. Personnel records, including the above mentioned paperwork, are all kept on each individual team member at the NET office. A more comprehensive explanation is available if needed by contacting NET’s Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.