The Gathering for Youth Ministry Leaders
• Spiritual growth and retreat
• Creative ministry resources
• A strong community of like professionals that provides collaboration and new resources
• Dynamic presentations to expand your knowledge of the Church and youth ministry
The Gathering for Youth Ministry Leaders meets the second Thursday of every month, from September to May.
Upcoming Gathering Dates
The Gospel from the Platform with Michael HoffmanRegister
9am Check-in & Registration
9:30am Mass & Mike
Being called to live the Gospel is given to all of us as baptized Catholics. But holding someone’s attention, engaging the imagination of an audience, and taking them to a place where hearts and minds are open – that takes skill. And the more “toolsets” at your disposal, the more the Holy Spirit can use those skills to have real impact.
In this brand new program from professional speaker Michael Hoffman you’ll learn:
• Specific delivery techniques to share with your catechists
• How to use the latest technology for the “Wow Factor” in your presentations
• The Art of Storytelling to enhance your presentations Of course, you’ll always walk away with lots of delivery tips and techniques to add to your skill bag – and much more!
Michael Hoffman is one of the most dynamic corporate speakers here in America and abroad. His highly contagious passion for business has earned him the loyalty of many repeat customers such as Bank of Montreal, Aflac, Knight Ridder, SYSCO Foods, Comcast, Dryers Grand Ice Cream, and many more.
His highly interactive style, dynamic presentation skills, and Catholic faith also make him a popular speaker for Catholic youth conferences, conventions and parish events. He is President of Igniting Performance, a Dallas-based company that specializes in the skills of sales, customer loyalty, and leadership.
Register by Feb. 3rd at Midnight for a complimentary lunch
*Special dietary meals are available if you register by Feb. 3rd Online registration closes Feb. 9th at Midnight
• Advance Registration: Until Jan. 31st @ Midnight: $15/person
• Regular Registration: Feb. 1st – 9th @ Midnight: $20/person
• Walk-In Registration: After Feb. 9th: $25/person (no lunch provided)
Let the Goose Loose – Ministering in the Power of the Holy SpiritRegister
9:45am Mass and Program
The harsh reality is that 75% of the teens in active Catholic youth ministries won’t be going to Church in five years – but not your teens, right? Your teens have fun, they may make lots of friends, learn things about Jesus, and even go to Adoration, but are they disciples? Are they committed to Christ and inviting others into relationship with Him? Are they living a life empowered by the Holy Spirit? Are they on their way to Heaven?
If you can’t answer yes to each of those questions, it is likely that your teens will become a tragic statistic. But of course, your teens are not a statistic. They are children of God who are loved deeply loved by Him, which makes it all the more important that your ministry is being led by and empowered by the Spirit of Jesus.
During our day retreat, Fr. Dave Pivonka will address these issues:
• Living a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit
• Creating opportunities for teens to experience the Holy Spirit
• Are things really that bad? (Yes, they are.)
Father Dave Pivonka, TOR, will lead our day. He is widely known for his dynamic preaching and teaching at Steubenville Youth Conferences and for his extensive work with Catholic youth ministry throughout the United States. He currently serves as the director of post-novitiate formation for the Franciscan province in Washington, D.C.
Register by March 2nd at Midnight for a complimentary lunch*
*Special dietary meals are available if you register by March 2nd
Registrations after March 2nd are most welcomed but no lunch can be offered
Registration online closes March 8th at Midnight
• Advance Registration: Until February 28th @ Midnight: $15/person
• Regular Registration: Feb 29th – March 8th @ Midnight: $20/person
• Walk-In Registration: After March 8th: $25/person (no lunch provided)
Secrets to Building Your Volunteer Dream TeamRegister
9:45am Program & Mass
One of the biggest challenges facing any leader in youth ministry or faith formation is making sure you have a well-equipped ministry team of adults and young adults to assist you in the great mission. Catechists, small group leaders, and other volunteers are the lifeblood of your programs. Without them, you will find yourself on the fast track to burnout. With a well-trained and cohesive team, watch what can happen!
So what can be done to secure that team that you need? Are there any secrets from those who are successful in building volunteer teams? Are there any tips and strategies you can implement immediately as you plan for next fall?
Leading this strategic session is Joe Roueche from NET Ministries. Joe will draw upon his 25+ years of youth ministry experience on the parish, diocesan, and national levels.
What You Will Learn:
• Three non-negotiables to making your ask for volunteers
• The key to recruiting men for your team
• The secret to making “lifers” out of your volunteers
• The 30-Day Principle
Register by Apr. 6th at Midnight for a complimentary lunch*
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate special dietary needs for this event
Registrations after Apr. 6th are most welcomed but no lunch can be offered.
Registration closes April 12th at Midnight
Cost: There is no cost for this event, but pre-registration is required.