Below you will find a list of job postings sent to us by various parishes and religious organizations. Click on your state or country below to view job postings in your area.
NET Ministries Job Openings
Posted April 3, 2018
NET Ministries Headquarters, West St. Paul, MN
|The mission of NET Ministries is to challenge young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the Church. NET accomplishes its mission by proclaiming the Gospel of Christ through personal witness of faith, inviting young people to live for Christ, forming young people in Christian character through the study and practice of faith, and equipping youth workers and young adults with the ministry skills needed for evangelization.|
|Current Position Information|
|Job Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator||Department: Program|
|Reports to: Assistant Program Director||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Position Type: Full-time||Location: West St. Paul, MN|
|Summary of Position|
|Coordinate NET’s Marketing and Communication efforts. Create and implement strategy for NET’s online presence, printed materials, social media and all integrated marketing efforts.|
|Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field. 2-3 years experience in marketing or communications. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to direct the work of others. Motivated self-starter able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Friendly, professional demeanor. Ability to communicate effectively with other media professionals. Experience producing print media pieces. Organized with a high level of attention to detail. Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Passionately committed to the mission of NET Ministries.|
|Preferred: Experience in web design and use of HTML code. Proficiency with Adobe Premiere and WordPress. Photography skills.|
|Organization Chart Information|
|Supervisor/Manager: Assistant Program Director
Direct Reports: Marketing Administrator, Mission Staff Marketing Assistants
|Checked items indicate responsibilities of this position in supervising other employees.|
| x Assign work, give direction, answer questions
x Conduct performance evaluations/reviews
_ Hire/promote/Terminate employees
_ Hire/promote/Terminate mission staff volunteers.
_ Formally discipline employees
_ Determine pay level/authorize pay increases
| x Set work schedules/assignments
x Review and approve employees’ work
x Instruct and train employees
x Develop/manage department/program budget
x Manage contractor/vendor assignments/contracts
_ Manage volunteers
|Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding accessible information.|
NET Ministries National Headquarters, West St. Paul, MN
NET Ministries challenges young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the Church through Catholic youth retreats, parish and school discipleship, and youth ministry resources. We are currently looking to hire a dedicated, long-term, energetic housekeeper to join our Hospitality team. Once trained for this position, you will work independently 15-20 hours per week cleaning guest rooms used by our retreat groups.
As the housekeeping attendant you will follow established procedures to professionally clean our dorm room areas. This will include but is not limited to cleaning bathrooms, dusting furniture, sanitizing, deodorizing, sweeping floors, and vacuuming carpets. You will also be responsible for laundering and folding all bedding and linens for our dorm rooms/used by our guests. Our housekeeping attendants follow all government and company regulations and standards to ensure high-quality cleaning is done in a timely manner so the dorm rooms are available when needed for guests.
NET Ministries offers
– $12-$15 per hour based on experience
– Scheduled performance feedback & amp; opportunity for pay raises based on performance
– Opportunity to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our missionaries
110 Crusader Ave W West St. Paul, MN 55118
Typical work hours are scheduled Monday – Wednesday each week
Qualifications and Experience
– Must be at least 18 years of age.
– Previous housekeeping/ cleaning experience preferred but not required.
– Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
– Ability to push/pull laundry carts and lift up to 50 pounds.
– Ability to endure the physical demands of standing, walking, crouching, climbing, bending, twisting,
– Ability to work independently while maintaining good time-management skills.
– Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or
without regular supervision.
– Successful completion of criminal background check.
– Completion of VIRTUS (Protecting God’s Children) training as part of the application process.
NET Ministries is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We simply ask that our Hospitality employees be respectful of the Catholic faith and of the mission of NET Ministries.
To apply or for questions: Email Jeffrey at email@example.com
Cook, Team Lead (Part Time)
NET Ministries National Headquarters, West St. Paul, MN
- We have an opening for a WEEKEND COOK position.
- Location: NET Ministries, Inc.; 110 Crusader Ave W West St. Paul, MN 55118
- Schedule: Saturday 6:30 am – 1:30 pm OR 1:30 pm – 7:30 pm; Sunday 6:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Salary Range: $18.00 – $20.00/hour based on experience
- Serve Safe Food Handler Certification Preferred but not Required
Requirements: Must be at least 18 years of age. Previous cooking experience preferred but not required. Customer service oriented. Team player. Ability to push/pull food carts and lift up to 50 pounds.
This position serves as the team lead for the kitchen employees who provide meals for Catholic young people on retreat at our building and for Catholic missionaries. Employee prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and company standards, guidelines and regulations and procedures. Employee ensures quality food service is provided at all times. NET Ministries encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds to apply. We simply ask that our Hospitality employees be respectful of the Catholic faith and of the mission of NET Ministries. It is our hope that this position would be long-term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions.
- Serve meals using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment.
- Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store or discard excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored according to proper standards.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assist in record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, guests, and supervisor at all times.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without regular supervision.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, NET reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
To apply or for questions: Email or call Jeffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Young Adult Minister
Posted April 10, 2018
Holy Rosary Catholic Church, Antioch, CA
Full-time minister to oversee young adult, high school and junior high ministry programs and program for the Sacrament of Confirmation in a multicultural parish setting. Must be a practicing, faith-filled Catholic with a desire to evangelize youth and make disciples. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a certificate in Youth Ministry or substantial experience and coursework in theology/catechesis; strong spiritual leadership skills; excellent interpersonal, management, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills; must have skills necessary to organize and implement large, program-wide events; must be able to have flexibility in work hours; ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable although not required.
Salary is based upon the Diocesan Scale and depends on qualifications and experience.
Please send Letter of Intent and Request for Application to: email@example.com by May 15, 2018.
Submitted by Fr. Roberto Corral, OP
Youth Ministry Coordinator
Posted March 15, 2018
St. Stanislaus Catholic Community, Modesto, CA
St. Stanislaus Catholic Community is looking for a dynamic Youth Ministry Coordinator who is a practicing Catholic striving to live out the Gospel message with a heart for teenagers and a desire to see them grow in holiness. The Youth Ministry Coordinator implements the LifeTeen/Edge model for a year-round comprehension social, spiritual and service oriented program for Middle and High School aged youth. Additionally, s/he is responsible for preparing youth who seek the sacrament of confirmation.
This position is for you if…
- You are a creative, team-focused, Christ-centered visionary, who’s personal mission is to lead teens closer to Christ
- You have a passion for teenagers and helping them come to know and love Jesus Christ
- You thrive when building, leading, forming and working with teams
- You are excited by the challenge of evangelizing teenagers and their families to establish a relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church
You should have a…
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in progress (psychology, theology or related subjects) or three (3) years of experience working with teenagers
- Working knowledge of group dynamics, as well the ability to assist in coordinating events and relating to people from various socio-economic and ethnic groups
- Basic computer skills in working with word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling and publishing software
We can offer…
- Competitive, full-time position with benefits
- A team-oriented, faith-filled, creative work environment
- Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Huge mission field with tremendous opportunity to transform teenage lives
Our Parish: St. Stanislaus was established as a Catholic community in 1878 in Modesto, California. The first Catholics who migrated to this area in the 1860s would take a day to travel by horse and buggy to bring a priest back to Modesto to celebrate Mass in people’s homes. This lead to a parish being officially formed in 1881. From these humble beginnings, St. Stanislaus has grown into a multicultural parish with over 5,400 families. Our vision is to continue our missionary roots and build a strong family of faith around Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 16, 2018.
Posted February 16, 2018
Sacred Heart Retreat House, Alhambra, CA
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities and will not unlawfully consider any factors of race, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any and all other unlawful biases regarding federal, state or local laws with regard to workers or applicants.
Job Title: Receptionist/Media Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Retreat Directress
Mission Statement: Promoting a deeper spiritual life among God’s people
Sacred Heart Retreat House further defines this mission to include the following specific goals:
- Offering programs in keeping with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
- Imparting our Carmelite Spirituality of facilitating an encounter with God through extended and day retreats, classes, workshops, and conferences to individuals and groups of all ages.
- Providing facilities for both silent and interactive retreat experiences.
Purpose of Your Job Position:
- Responsible for the professional, gracious and efficient reception of retreatants, visitors, guests, priests, religious, and vendors.
- Responsible for a variety of clerical and media duties that support the Retreat House mission.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- AA degree and two years related experience or High School diploma
- 4 – 5 years experience.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
Click here for the full job description.
Posted January 18, 2018
St. Therese Little Flower Church, South Bend Indiana
St. Therese Little Flower Catholic Church in South Bend, Indiana is seeking a full-time missionary for our Parish Missionary Team. Missionaries serve in one-year commitments, beginning in August through June of the following year.
A parish missionary is:
– a bold witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our parish.
– an intentional disciple who seeks to follow Him wherever He leads.
– a model of the missionary discipleship call we received at baptism.
– a man or woman sustained and deeply thirsting after prayer and the sacraments.
- always seeking to bring more young people into relationship with Jesus Christ.
– growing spiritually, personally, communally, and professionally as a member of our parish.
Missionaries serve by:
– Relational ministry with youth, young adults, and parents
– Attending daily Mass and daily holy hour, with regular reception of Confession
– Encouraging the parish youth to be lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ
– Leading small groups, weekly youth nights, and men’s/women’s ministries
– Building administrative skills by planning events and programs
– Assisting in various other parish ministries and activities
– Fellowship with teammates and communal prayer as a team
– Spiritual Direction with a priest or mentorship with an approved mentor
– Staying in parish host homes, building relationships with the parish at-large
– Random evangelization
– Working the front desk at least two hours per week.
– Modeling a spirit of warmth, zeal, and hospitality by serving on hospitality ministry for at least two Masses per weekend, with special emphasis on breaking the ice with unfamiliar parishioners.
– Participating in outside parish ministries once per week.
– Missionaries are strongly encouraged to attend other parish events, such as potlucks and socials, missions, soup suppers, Theology on Tap, and any other events.
Missionaries are required to fundraise for personal expenses, are provided with a monthly stipend, and stay with host families for the duration of their service.
Interested applicants should complete the online application found at: www.parishmissionaryprogram.weebly.com/apply-here/ Applicants will also be required to submit two references and a letter of good standing. For further questions, please contact Abby Kyle, Director of Missionary Program, at (574) 222-5735 (call or text).
Coordinator of Youth and Adult Ministry
Posted April 4, 2018
Carroll Catholic Youth Ministry, Carroll, IA
Location: Carroll, Iowa
Type: Full Time Ministry
Posted Date: March 20, 2018
CCYM (Carroll Catholic Youth Ministry) is a parent and clergy initiated youth ministry program for the youth of the Carroll County area of Western Iowa. Responding to Jesus Christ’s Gospel call, our mission is to provide opportunities for the youth of the Carroll area to encounter and respond to Jesus Christ and his Body, the Church, and equip them to participate in his mission with us. Guided by the Holy Spirit and resolute in our purpose, our vision is to create authentic community among our youth, to evangelize and catechize, form intentional disciples of Jesus Christ, to empower the youth to participate in the whole life of the Church through their parishes and to continue the mission of Christ in the world.
We are currently searching for a Coordinator of Youth and Adult Ministry to join our CCYM team. This position will encompass the coordination and leadership of weekly youth nights including adoration, recruitment and formation of adult discipleship leaders, program development, and faith support outreach to parents.
• Recruit, mentor, and train team of adult volunteers to assist with the development and execution of the youth ministry program.
• Guide leadership team meetings to plan program events and to develop the skills of the adult volunteer team.
• Model true Christian discipleship in evangelization and formation with a humble, joyful attitude.
• Collaborate with the CCYM advisory board, pastors, staff, parents, children, and volunteers to further develop a youth ministry program that engages children -both inside and outside of the parish- to foster a relationship with Christ.
• Coordination of Wednesday night Eucharistic Adoration and Bible Studies.
• Assess and Develop the curriculum and format for weekly meetings for junior high and high school students.
• Plan an annual calendar of events (e.g., retreats, pilgrimages, camps, conferences, missions, etc.) aimed at drawing students closer to Christ.
• Incorporate Christian Service initiatives for the youth and families involved in the program
• Collaborate with the Kuemper Catholic School System Campus Minister for a stronger, healthier, and more unified youth program
• Commit oneself to daily prayer as foundation for evangelization
• Commit oneself to ongoing formation (required reading: Discipleship Focused Youth Ministry and Soul of the Apostolate)
• Meet with students at school and school activities to build relationships, encourage them in their faith, and to invest in the lives of the students.
• Meet with parents as needed to help them deal with student issues and to train them on best practices for raising a junior high and/or high school student in the faith.
• A person of faith with a strong personal relationship with Jesus and a desire to serve and disciple adolescents and their families;
• Joyful, prayerful, authentic, charitable, and servant-hearted;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate with young people and adults;
• Natural leader and influencer;
• Self-starter with strong initiative;
• Effective organizer, planner, and communicator;
• Prudent; Mission driven; and creative problem solver.
• Has knowledge of current youth trends and issues within the culture
• Musical background is helpful
• Competent in Social Media (Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook) is preferred.
• Possess basic clerical skills including word processing, calendaring, and maintaining a basic budget.
Contact for Inquiry: Please submit cover letter and resume to Fr. Kevin Richter at email@example.com. An application and request for references will then be emailed to applicant.
Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
Posted April 23, 2018
Assumption in Eden Valley, MN and St. Anthony’s in Watkins, MN
The parishes of Assumption in Eden Valley and St. Anthony’s in Watkins are hiring a full-time Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry. The twinned parishes make up about 825 registered families in a rural setting northwest of St Paul, Minnesota. This individual, in collaboration with the Pastor, parish leaders and parish staff will primarily; plan, provide direction, and direct Christ-centered programs of catechesis and evangelization for youth, (pre-K-12). They will engage families in the formation of the children so that a living and active relationship with Christ and the Church is grown and helps to advance the Church’s Gospel mission. They will lead and support the process for continuing conversion and RCIA and sacramental preparation of baptism, first communion and confirmation. A part-time DRE assistant will assist this person with the religious education portion of the position. They will also lead and oversee the Youth Ministry Program in the parishes which will engage young students in their faith through programming and relationship building. The parishes of Assumption in Eden Valley and St. Anthony’s in Watkins have separate religious education programs with one being Wednesday evenings, and one a day-time release program. Candidates must be a practicing Catholic with a love for the Church and her teachings and a desire to make disciples in the Church. It is desired that they have a bachelor’s degree in education, theology or a related field, and/or work experience in related areas. They must be able to lead well, professional, able to build relationships with both adults and youth, welcoming and kind to all who come through our doors and have a desire to bring the love of Christ to others to build a vibrant parish life.
For consideration, send resume with cover letter to:
St. Anthony’s Parish
201 Central Avenue South P.O. Box 409
Watkins, Mn 55389
Posted April 4, 2018
St. Therese Church, Deephaven, MN
The Church of St. Therese of Deephaven is seeking a Youth Minister. This full-time, 12-month position works collaboratively with a team to provide a seamless relational ministry for middle school, confirmation, and high school youth. Ministry includes Life Teen curriculum, weekly sessions, monthly gatherings, retreats, and camps.
Candidates will have a high connectivity with youth and demonstrate a joyful and faithful witness to the Church. Previous experience working with youth; understanding of and commitment to the teachings and values of the Roman Catholic Church; practicing Catholic.
A complete job posting is available at st-therese.org.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references to Liz Lammers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 20, 2018.
Director of Evangelization and Christian Formation
Posted March 26, 2017
St. Charles Borromeo, St. Charles and Holy Redeemer, Eyota, Diocese of Winona, MN
The shared parishes of St. Charles Borromeo, St. Charles and Holy Redeemer, Eyota located in the Diocese of Winona, Minnesota are seeking a Director of Evangelization and Christian Formation. The Director will motivate parishioners to gain a greater understanding of the Catholic faith, deepen their spiritual life, and enable them to preach the Gospel by speaking openly in the world about our relationship with God through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit.
This position requires pastoral care and spiritual leadership experience along with energy, commitment, courage and creativity. Successful candidates will be proficient in planning, organizing, and teaching, with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
The Candidate will be a practicing Catholic in good standing. A Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education/Theology or another related field is required. A Master’s Degree in the New Evangelization or Religious Education or Theology or another related field is preferred.
A complete job description is on our website: www.borromeochurch.org
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and three (3) references to: email@example.com or mail to:
Fr. Timothy Biren
St. Charles Borromeo
1900 E. 6th St.
St. Charles, MN 55972.
Job Application Deadline: June 1, 2018.
High School Youth Minister
Epiphany Catholic Church, Coon Rapids, MN
Full time 40 hours per week. Office hours are: TBD with supervisor
To provide opportunities for youth in grades 9-12 to continue developing the spiritual, formational, and outreach aspects of their lives. To provide opportunities for teens to be more engaged in parish life through prayer and worship, community building, and outreach experiences. To continue developing the 7 components for Youth Ministry from “Renewing the Vision”. To coordinate the parish Confirmation program. To provide Young Adult Ministry.
B.A degree in theology/religious education or equivalency.
3 years full time parish experience at this level or equivalent.
Develop, implement, and evaluate youth ministry and catechetical programs.
Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
Demonstrated skills and ability to provide clear and accurate communication.
High level of organization.
Handle multiple demands of time and able to manage various projects at once.
Collaborate and work well with staff, volunteers, teens, and parents.
Training in LifeTeen program (if possible).
Sense of humor.
Work Commitment: Full-Time
Number of Parishioners: 3,001-5,000
Contact Jill Fink at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more details.
Posted February 6, 2018
St. Paul’s Outreach, Inver Grove Heights, MN
What are you doing this summer? Do you need internship experience? Would you like to work with a fast-growing dynamic nonprofit? Would you like to work with other passionate Catholics?
What better way to find this experience than working with an organization you love! SPO, as a small and expanding organization, allows a hands-on educational experience that will be unparalleled. With access to the Executive Team and multiple departments, you will be exposed to an incredible opportunity for professional development and valuable work experience. You will have the opportunity to witness the behind the scenes work that makes SPO tick and gain a professional internship all in one.
- WHO: 2-4 Students (entering juniors or seniors in college)
- WHERE: National Headquarters (Inver Grove Heights, MN)
- WHEN: June 4th-Aug 3rd, 2018 (full-time, Mon-Thur 8:30-5pm; Fri 8:30am-noon)
- $700 (Stipend for living expenses)
- $800 (SNE registration covered)
- Meaningful work (possible areas– Training Logistics, Development Database, Finance, Marketing)
- Internship credit for school requirements
- Professional development experience (panels with Executive Team)
- Orientation to start Summer and wrap up to close
- Regular reviews and feedback
- Office socials
- Attendance at local young adult events
- Living in Summer Household
Posted January 11, 2018
Abria Pregnancy Solutions, St. Paul, MN
Abria Pregnancy Resources provides life-affirming medical and personal support services for women facing unexpected pregnancies or sexual health concerns. Our clients find hope and healing through lab quality STI and pregnancy testing, ultrasound exams, prenatal care, professional counseling, life coaching, material assistance, and education. All services are provided at no cost to clients and help put a choice for life within reach of thousands of women in the Twin Cities’ urban core.
The Development Officer is a key member of the development team responsible for implementing and administering a comprehensive annual giving program and effectively working to build a strong base of funding for Abria
Regular, non-exempt, full-time position (typically 40 hours per week, 1 FTE).
University/Vandalia intersection in St. Paul, as well as off-site meetings and appointments as applicable.
- Create and oversee direct mail and electronic solicitations including letter and collateral crafting, segmentation, timing, and donor acknowledgement.
- Manage and grow Abria’s Sustainers’ Club of monthly donors through planned communications and solicitations.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals, businesses and other key annual funders to provide a steady and growing stream of annual revenue especially through event sponsorships.
- Plan and execute all Development events: Celebration Banquet, Fun Run, house parties, receptions, open houses, and clinic tours.
- Establish and manage event budgets
- Serve as liaison for Young Adult Network and work closely with group’s leadership to ensure goals of fundraising, volunteer recruitment and outreach are met.
- Identify, train and manage all volunteers for Development events.
Major Gift and Advanced Annual Solicitation
- Build, manage and solicit a portfolio of annual donors of $1,000-$5,000, and additionally identify prospects for major gift solicitation.
- Record donor contact and engagement (phone, letter, email and meeting) as appropriate in database and produce activity reports to demonstrate donor/prospect moves management.
Agreement with Abria Values and Approach:
- Commitment to Abria’s organizational values. We believe in the inherent dignity of each person, from conception to natural death; the right of our clients to receive comprehensive, truthful information in a respectful and compassionate way; and the importance of addressing the needs of the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual and social – when providing services.
- Five years of fundraising and/or professional related experience required. Superior writing skills a necessity. Project and volunteer management experience required. Strong communication skills and ability to work with and motivate others very important. Proficiency with computer and constituent software sought. Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Willingness to work nights and weekends, as required.
Director of Youth Ministry
Posted February 1, 2018
Ascension/St. Elizabeth, St. Catharine/St. Margaret, St. Mark and St. Rose, Monmouth County, NJ
- Developing a group and parish-based pastoral ministry for youth
- Reaching out to high school-aged parish youth
- Assists parishes with forming youth groups within each parish
- Providing support for ongoing catechesis and youth activities
- Inviting youth to serve others and drawing them to responsible participation in the life of the faith community
Director of Youth Ministry
Posted January 8, 2018
Corpus Christi, Bismarck, ND
A unique and dynamic opportunity in youth ministry is now available at the Church of Corpus Christi, in Bismarck, North Dakota. Responsibilities for this position include the direction and expansion of an already established youth ministry program which includes middle school and high school youth and the development, training, and support of an effective group of adult and teenage volunteers.
Requirements for this position include a passion for youth ministry, an ability to expand and lead a successful youth ministry program, and an ability to attract and motivate students in grade 6-12. The applicant shall be a faithful, practicing Catholic knowledgeable in his or her faith and must exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The preferred applicant will have a minimum of two years prior youth ministry experience and will possess a degree in youth ministry, theology, or a related field.
Salary is negotiable and the selected applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Please mail or email your resume and three professional references to:
Church of Corpus Christi
1919 N 2nd St
Bismarck, ND, 58501
About Corpus Christi
The Church of Corpus Christi is a Roman Catholic parish of about 2,200 registered households in the Diocese of Bismarck. In order to build our community of worship, Corpus Christi continues to expand its faith formation programs, ministries and organizations to meet the needs of its growing membership. The mission of the youth ministry program is to inspire youth to live as Disciples of Christ.
Evangelization & Adult Faith Formation Coordinator
Posted February 20, 2018
St. Matthew the Apostle Parish, Gahanna, OH
Deadline: March 2nd, 2018
Parish: St. Matthew the Apostle
Status: Full Time 40hrs/week
Practicing Catholic: Required
Position Summary: St. Matthew the Apostle Parish, located in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, is seeking a well formed and passionate Catholic to plan and administer the evangelization, adult faith formation and stewardship efforts of our parish. Our parish is a thriving community of over 2,000 families. With already detailed attention to the Liturgical and Sacramental life of the Church, the need is great for community building and conversion. Position includes but is not limited to: Baptism preparation and coordination for parents; mentoring staff and volunteers in Christian leadership and formation; proclaiming the Gospel message to groups of parishioners; working with current parish and school staff to plan and execute initiatives that lead parishioners to an encounter with the relentless love of Jesus Christ. This position will report to the Parish Staff and Mission Manager.
Qualifications for the position: The ideal candidate must: be self-motivated to complete the responsibilities of the job with minimum supervision; multi-task and establish priorities; maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under appropriate guidelines; have knowledge of, and ability to convey effectively, the official teachings of the Catholic Church; successfully manage volunteers and multifaceted programs; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, write correspondences and memos; effectively communicate with staff, parishioners, and other visitors to the parish; exercise discreet judgment in maintaining all information highly confidential; be flexible but meet deadlines when required; have established organizational skills and priorities; exhibit initiative and responsibility. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) systems.
Education/Experience: Baccalaureate degree or master’s degree in theology or related field, or a combination of relevant education and experience in the development and administration of faith formation and evangelization programs.
Offer of position is contingent upon successful completion of a mandatory background screening and the VIRTUS “Protecting God’s Children” program. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits are according to Diocesan policy.
Send cover letter, resume, and references by Friday, March 9th, 2018 to:
Leo S. Grimes, Parish Business Manager Lgrimes@stmatthew.net
Coordinator of Parish Youth Ministry
Posted March 15, 2018
Seven Sorrows BVM Parish, Middletown, PA and St. Peter Parish, Elizabethtown, PA
Seven Sorrows BVM Parish, Middletown, PA and St. Peter Parish, Elizabethtown, PA, are seeking a Coordinator of Parish Youth Ministry, a full-time position. The parishes are planning to introduce the LIFETEEN and EDGE programs and need the youth ministry coordinator to lay the groundwork for these programs and develop a comprehensive youth ministry to meet the needs of both parishes.
A successful candidate will have a B.A. in Theology, Catechetics, Pastoral Ministry or a related field and must be a Catholic in good standing. Salary, with benefits, is commensurate with education and experience. Previous youth ministry experience is required. Experience with LIFETEEN is preferred.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume by April 6, 2018 to:
Fr. Ted Keating
Seven Sorrows BVM Parish
280 N. Race St.
(717) 944-3133. Cover letters and resumes may also be sent via email to email@example.com
Diocesan Missionary Team (DMT)
Posted March 15, 2018
Catholic Diocese of Charleston, SC
Do you want to make a difference in Catholic young people’s lives? We are looking for young adults between 18-26 years of age to proclaim the “Good News” to the youth of the Diocese of Charleston as missionaries!
The Diocesan Missionary Team in its third year of service is based out of beautiful and historic downtown Charleston. The DMT’s main ministry outreach is leading retreats throughout the diocese. When the DMT is not giving retreats, they will serve either at a local life teen parish, nearby Catholic High School, or work with college/young adults in the local area.
What the Catholic Diocese of Charleston Youth Office will provide each DMT member: A generous stipend, housing, meals, training, community, transportation and all the support you need to be effective ministers to our youth.
What we ask of each member of the DMT is the following: A strong Catholic faith life, the heart of a servant, the ability to live in community and the ability to serve from August 16, 2018 to June 15, 2019.
Check out our video at: https://tinyurl.com/docdmt
If this sounds interesting to you or you want more information, contact me at the following:
Deacon Jerry White
Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
(843) 261-0442 (office)
(843) 709-9025 (cell)
Family Based Care
Posted February 19, 2018
Casa de Esperanza, Houston, TX
Casa de Esperanza’s Residential Program recruits foster parents for our Family Based Care program who have a desire to serve children ages birth through six years old who have been abused, neglected, or are HIV-exposed/positive. Our neighborhood brings together interns and Family Based Care foster parents to live and work with some of our society’s most vulnerable children. Care is provided in the Residential Program’s agency foster homes.
Responsibilities include daily care of the children, household management, and the coordination of medical appointments and therapy sessions. Family Based Care foster parents also work with caseworkers, psychological staff and community volunteers on a routine basis to ensure that the children in placement receive the highest quality of care.
Ensuring the safety of the children in placement and meeting their emotional and developmental needs are the primary responsibilities of Family Based Care foster parents. There is only one reason a child ever comes to Casa de Esperanza – because they are not safe. Almost all children arrive having experienced trauma, neglect or chaos in their short lives. Their need for safety, stability and reassurance is immediate and often intense. The children require a great deal of time, energy and emotional resources from their foster parents.
- At least 21 years of age
- Willingness to make a three month to one-year commitment
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Good general health, with a high energy level
- Able to lift 35 – 40 pounds
- Read and speak English proficiently
- Pass a criminal history and background check and drug screening
- Have an interest in caring for children with special needs resulting from abuse, neglect, or the effects of HIV
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others
- Flexibility and Patience
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Become the licensed foster parent living in an agency foster home
- Single Family Based Care providers will typically care for two children, couples will typically care for four to five children.
- Provide 24-hour care to the children in the home.
- Provide the highest level of care possible to each child placed in home
- Support the children’s primary attachments to biological parents and promote skills to develop healthy attachments
- Participate as a team member in the development and implementation of the child’s Plan of Service and therapeutic recommendations
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and the children’s caseworker regarding their welfare
- Complete household duties including, but not limited to: cooking, cleaning, laundry, and maintaining the house and vehicle.
- Transport and participate in medical and therapy appointments.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete 2-week pre-service training and complete 20 hours of ongoing training annually
- Follow the policies of Casa de Esperanza (including the discipline policy) at all times
Corporal punishment is never allowed in Casa de Esperanza foster homes.
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend commensurate with past personal and professional experience
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
Hands of Hope Internship
Posted February 19, 2018
Hands of Hope, Houston, TX
Hands of Hope is Casa de Esperanza’s internship program which recruits recent college graduates and other highly qualified young adults, from throughout the United States. These interns have a desire to help abused, neglected and HIV positive children through work with our agency. This program brings together approximately 25 young adults annually to live and work with some of our society’s most vulnerable children. The Residential Program is the backbone of Casa de Esperanza, and at its core are the Hands of Hope Interns. Hands of Hope Interns commit one year to live and work with these vulnerable children in the Residential Program’s agency foster homes. Responsibilities include daily care of the children, household management, and the coordination of medical appointments and therapy sessions. The Hands of Hope Interns also work with caseworkers, psychological staff and community volunteers on a routine basis to ensure that the children in placement receive the highest quality of care.
Ensuring the safety of the children in placement and meeting their emotional and developmental needs are the primary responsibilities of the Hands of Hope Interns. There is only one reason a child ever comes to Casa de Esperanza – because they are not safe. Almost all children arrive having experienced trauma, neglect or chaos in their short lives. Their need for safety, stability and reassurance is immediate and often intense. The children require a great deal of time, energy and emotional resources from the house parents. For this reason, the Hands of Hope Interns participate in an extensive 2 week training program to enhance their abilities to meet the needs of the children. We strive to educate all interns on the importance of early intervention when working with emotionally and behaviorally challenged, and often medically fragile, children. The skills cultivated while participating in the Hands of Hope internship program are excellent life and work experiences for individuals pursuing careers in social work, medicine, psychology, education, public health, non-profit management, and social justice.
• At least 21 years old
• Willingness to make a one-year commitment
• College degree preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others
• Flexibility and Patience
• Good general health, with a high energy level, and able to lift 35-40 pounds
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License
A criminal history and background check of each Hands of Hope Intern will be completed prior to placement with the agency.
• To care for the children placed in your home
• To promote skills to develop healthy attachments
• To participate as a team member in implementing the children’s Plan of Service and therapeutic regime
• To complete household duties including, but not limited to: cooking, cleaning, laundry and maintaining the house, and vehicles
• To transport and participate in medical and therapy appointments
• To support the children’s primary attachment to biological parents
• To complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
• To communicate regularly with supervisors regarding the welfare of the children
• To complete 20 hours of ongoing training on an annual basis
• To follow the policies of Casa de Esperanza at all times
Typically, four Hands of Hope Interns live in an agency foster home with four or five children under the age of six. One of the interns will be licensed as the foster parent. Together, the Hands of Hope Interns share responsibility for providing 24-hour care to the children in the home.
Compensation and Benefits
• Monthly stipend of $600/month
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Two weeks paid vacation per year
• Successful Completion of Internship Award
Applicants can send their resumes HERE or email them to Jordan Chismar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also call Jordan Chismar at 713-818-0130 or the main office number at 713-529-0639.
Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Posted March 29, 2018
St. John Neumann Church, Reston, VA
St. John Neumann Parish is an energetic, vibrant community in Northern Virginia served by the Oblates of St. Francis DeSales. We are seeking a Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministries beginning August 1, 2018 who has exceptional drive and enthusiasm to engage our youth and young adults in formational, social and stewardship activities embracing our mission:
We, the faithful of St. John Neumann Catholic Community, commit ourselves to celebrating and giving witness to the presence of God in our midst by living the Gospel to its fullest. May we do all things in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales with compassion, humility, and gentleness.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Faith Formation team as well as a team of volunteers to develop and execute a vision and mission based on our parish plan “St. John Neumann aims to foster and empower each person’s call to be a disciple of Christ through effective faith formation and spirituality.”
Qualifications of a success candidate are:
Minimum B.A. in Catechesis, Religious Education or Theology
Two years’ experience preferred
Spanish speaking a plus
Working effectively with the Faith Formation Team
Exceptional organizational skills
Ability to recruit and engage new members and volunteers
Salary, with benefits, is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your resume to Mickie Abatemarco at email@example.com by April 15. A job description is available upon request.
Coordinator of Evangelization & Community
Posted April 17, 2018
Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit, Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth, Lower Sackville, Canada
Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit (HTPU) is passionate about making missionary disciples. To further our mission, our parish is seeking a full-time Coordinator of Evangelization & Community. They will foster an environment of encounter with Christ within our church, and a zeal to go beyond our walls to reach those who don’t know Christ. Additionally, they will develop small Christian communities, according to the Connect Group model, where people will be loved and supported, and where they can grow in their relationship with Christ and their brothers and sisters.
Skills, Experience, Personal Traits and Qualifications
- Passionate for parish renewal, participates actively in worship and community life, and is committed to their own relationship with Christ
- Team player; relates well to people of different ages and backgrounds; strong interpersonal skills and ideally has a charismatic and engaging personality
- Possesses good organizational and administrative skills; communicates well both orally and in writing
- Possesses good computer skills, and well versed in the use of social media, or willing to learn
- Able to do ministry, but also to lead others who do ministry.
- A degree in Ministry or Theology is an asset
- Experience leading a team and/or developing the strengths of others is an asset
- A professional or business background is also an asset
Activities and Responsibilities
- Work with the Alpha Coordinator to implement an Alpha culture at the parish.
- Work with the Alpha Coordinator to transition Alpha attendees into the parish community
- Provide evangelization training and resources to the parish.
- Develop and implement Connect Groups
- Provide training and support for Connect Group leaders
- Collaborate with the pastor, his leadership team, and the staff of the parish on renewal projects, processes, and strategies
If you are looking to “equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12), please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday May 2, 2018.