Adult Hospitality Supervisor for NET Ministries
NET Ministries is looking to hire a dedicated individual over 18 years of age who is committed to working full-time in the hospitality department. Position is open for immediate fill.
The Adult Hospitality Supervisor staff position has responsibilities in both the food preparation/service as well as the housekeeping for overnight youth retreats and events at the NET Ministries Retreat Center. Essential functions include serving as a primary cook for events, supervising other hospitality staff, and overseeing building cleanliness standards. This is a full time position with benefits. Applicants must have demonstrated skills in industrial cooking/cleaning and be willing to work 40 hours, Thursday – Tuesday on a normal basis. Please email Julia Delcompare or call 651.450.6833 for more information, including a job description and/or application.
Below you will find a list of job postings sent to us by various parishes and religious organizations. Click on your state or country below to view job postings in your area.
High School Principal
Cathedral High School, Grades 7-12, New Ulm Area Catholic Schools, New Ulm, MN
Posted April 15, 2014
Position is for the 2014-2015 school year.
Please download the job description and read all parts carefully before applying. Job description is available at www.nuacs.com.
BA/BS in teaching with current Minnesota license required; MA in Educational Leadership, Education, Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Specialist or the ability to enroll, complete, and obtain required degree within six (6) years from date of hire in accordance of NUACS policy. Documentation must be provided.
Pass background checks and complete VIRTUS Safe Environment training.
Demonstrate competence in areas listed in representative responsibilities of the job description, e.g. technology skills.
Demonstrate evidence of good leadership and management techniques.
$52,000 – $65,000 annually based on education and experience.
Be an active participating Roman Catholic.
The letter of intent should address, with specific detail, the following:
How does your educational background and experience make you a good candidate for this position?
Describe your previous supervisory experience and how it would be relative to this position.
Please send letter of intent, credentials, resume, and three references via email attachments to Shelly Bauer, email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Full Time Youth Minister
Sacred Heart Catholic Church – East Grand Forks
Posted April 14, 2014
Sacred Heart Catholic Church is seeking to fill the position of Youth Minister. Sacred Heart is a 1200 family parish with a Pre-K – 12th grade parochial school attached. The Youth Minister will focus on the high school youth of the parish and the school. Job duties will include: maintaining relationships with the students, planning retreats, working with small groups and volunteers, coordinating the Confirmation program, along with other related work. The Youth Minister should display a passion for Catholicism and will help guide young people toward a life of holiness. Background should include some education and years of experience in comprehensive youth ministry in a Catholic setting. Salary and benefits commensurate with background and experience. Position opens July 1st; applications will be reviewed beginning April 21st.
To inquire about the position, email Father Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, send résumé to:
YM Search Committee
c/o Sacred Heart
200 3rd St NW
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
Saint Paul’s Outreach – West St. Paul, MN
Posted April 9, 2014
Position Title: Development/Finance Intern
Reports To: Assistant Development Director
The Development/Finance Intern is responsible for assisting the Development and Finance Departments in furthering the mission of Saint Paul’s Outreach. Key areas of service include: gift processing, database management, and clerical support for the Development and Finance departments. This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt position.
• Processes gifts in an accurate and timely fashion, using the database.
• Creates, prints, and mails donor letters, including gift acknowledgements and letters that are customized for Mission Centers.
• Ensures data is accurate and database functions effectively.
• Enters and updates constituent information in the database.
• Keeps Gift Processing Manual updated.
• Conducts periodic scrubbing of database.
• Assists other development staff with running reports.
• Acquires the necessary knowledge to become a Raiser’s Edge expert.
Clerical Support for Development Department
• Provides support for annual development events, grant proposals, and other projects.
• Assists with Personal Support Raising (PSR) logistics, including materials, monthly reports, and inquiries.
Finance Department Assistance
• Assists with accounts payable and receivable, including entering/processing bills and running checks.
• Updates and monitors weekly deposit activity using QuickBooks.
• Ensures records in Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks are aligned.
• Assists with credit card deposit activity.
• Files and shreds documents as needed.
• Assists other Finance Department staff members as needed.
Personal Support Raising
• Cultivates and solicits funds for SPO from personal contacts to help SPO fund the position.
• Stays in contact with benefactors through various means.
Copying, internet communication, filing, etc. Attending supervisory meetings and department meetings as requested. Other duties as assigned.
Peers: Other Interns and Mission Leaders
Supervision of: None
Internal and External Contacts
The Development/Finance Intern communicates frequently with other staff for collaboration purposes, and occasionally with students, donors, and vendors for various purposes.
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
Experience Requirements: Work or volunteer experience in a professional and confidential environment. Prior experience with SPO, development and accounting work, data entry, and database management is preferred, in particular experience with Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks.
Additional Requirements: Must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: accurate data entry, strong attention to detail, pro-active, self-starter, ability to work independently, problem solving, strong computer skills, written and verbal communication, editing, time management, team work, typing, ability to distinguish and safeguard confidential information, and organization. Able to communicate clearly and professionally with donors. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and become expert in new complex software quickly and intuitively. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is essential. Enthusiastically supportive of SPO’s mission, core virtues and core values: willing and able to live them out and communicate them effectively to others. Faithfully living out the Catholic faith and the mission of evangelization.
Saint Paul’s Outreach – West St. Paul, MN
Posted April 9, 2014
Position Title: Administrative Intern
Reports to: HR Coordinator/Executive Assistant
The Administrative Intern is responsible for various administrative and communications functions within the National Office, including office management, receptionist duties, support for the HR Coordinator / Executive Assistant, website management, and promotion of SPO via social media. This is a temporary, full-time, non-exempt position.
Support for HR Coordinator
• Communicates with staff and missionaries on behalf of the HR Coordinator
• Assists with Household and Mission Leader recruiting projects, including receiving, recording, and filing application materials
• Assists with hiring, onboarding, and training, including Missionary Staff Training
Support for Executive Assistant
• Communicates with staff and missionaries on behalf of the Executive Assistant
• Assists with projects and events of the SPO Board of Directors, including documentation and preparation for quarterly Board meetings
• Assists with tasks for the Executive Director
General Office and Reception Duties
• Ensures office environment is clean, presentable, and hospitable
• Maintains office supplies
• Coordinates use of the SPO conference room
• Arranges hospitality for meetings and social events
• Greets and directs visitors
• Directs incoming phone calls (minimal with automated system)
• Monitors Mission Center blogs and calendars, ensuring frequent contributions from Mission Centers
• Edits/creates webpages as needed
• Ensures frequent updates to the site, especially the homepage
• Collaborates with Communications team to execute social media strategy
• Monitors Facebook and Twitter accounts for Mission Centers
• Creates compelling mass email communications for donors
• Monitors Mission Center emails to students, ensuring frequent and appropriate use
• Builds event registration pages for Mission Center events
• Engages with all Mission Centers, staying abreast of upcoming events and activities
• Interfaces with Mission Center Communications Liaisons
• Monitors marketing material quantities and reorders as necessary
• Ships marketing materials to Mission Centers
Personal Support Raising
• Cultivates and solicits funds for SPO from personal contacts to help SPO fund the position
• Stays in contact with benefactors through various means
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
Experience Requirements: Significant work or volunteer experience in administration, communications/marketing, or related field. Experience working with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, and Apple computers is preferred. Experience maintaining a website is preferred. Prior experience with SPO is preferred.
Additional Skill Requirements: Must demonstrate strong skills in the following areas: written and verbal communication, editing, ability to work independently, self-motivated, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, time management, detailed-minded, teamwork, problem solving, dependability, and organization. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is essential. Enthusiastically supportive of SPO’s Mission and Core Virtues: willing and able to live them out and communicate them effectively to others. Faithfully living out the Catholic faith and the mission of evangelization.
Elementary Summer Faith Formation Catechist (Temporary)
St. Hubert’s Catholic Church – Chanhassen
Posted April 8, 2014
St. Hubert Catholic Community is conducting a search for knowledgeable and experienced teachers to catechize during our faith formation summer program.
The program runs Monday-Friday, June 16-20 and Monday-Friday, June 23-27. Each day there will be an AM session from 8:15 AM – 12:15 PM and a PM session from 12:45 – 4:45 PM. You may apply to teach AM and/or PM, for a total of two available sessions. You may also indicate if you have a preference of which grade level you teach. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee these preferences.
This is a part-time, temporary paid position to teach two week-long sessions. Compensation for catechists will be $17.00 per hour. With two sessions available, the possible total compensation is $1360.00. In addition you will be paid for an orientation meeting and a training session (see details below).
Summer catechists are required to attend an orientation session with our Coordinator of Elementary Faith Formation (to be scheduled individually) and also a one and a half hour training session on Wednesday, May 21 from 7:00 – 8:30 PM.
Primary responsibilities for the position: Planning and implementing lessons and activities using the Faith and Life Series for students entering grades 1 through 5.
Must have completed VIRTUS training before June 16, 2014
Must pass background check
A Bachelor’s degree and background in Education or Youth Ministry
Experience in teaching religion is strongly desired
Experience in working with elementary school students required
Strong organization skills and leadership ability
Ability to communicate clearly with children and adults, and good interpersonal skills
Faithful to the Magisterial teachings of the Church
Active, participating Roman Catholic
Those interested in the position should submit a letter of application and resume to Joan Thune at email@example.com no later than April 11.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Cate Bunnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Director of Evangelization
St. James Coffee, Rochester, MN
Posted March 26, 2014
The Board Members of St. James Coffee (http://www.stjamescoffee.com/) are looking for a person to fill a unique role in this unique ministry happening in Rochester, MN, as it blends the endeavors of a coffee house with a loving zeal for souls! We think that individuals who have served with NET would be wonderful candidates for this Managing Director of Evangelization. Please post, advertise, and circulate this information amongst all your NET graduates, anyone looking to make a career of Coffee served with Catholicism! We’d like to have our pool of candidates known by April 18th, but for now that’s not a hard-stop deadline.
The Managing Director of Evangelization promotes the New Evangelization by lovingly sharing and defending the Catholic Faith in a unique ministry venue while overseeing the volunteers, events, and business operations of St. James Coffee in Rochester, MN. The director is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the mission of St. James Coffee – utilizing the inviting setting of the coffee house to help all deepen their intimacy with God, further explore Catholicism, and live in Communion with His Church – in all its activities and pursuits. With accountability to and support of the Board of Directors, the director manages financial resources to supply daily inventory, identify and address upkeep of equipment and maintenance of the environment, and provide weekly informative and enriching events. The director prepares and serves beverage items as needed as well as recruits, trains, coordinates, and supervises the volunteer baristi and helpers. The director devises and implements advertising and creative marketing through all available media. The director participates in and advocates for fundraising efforts as needed. Finally, the Director of Evangelization acts as an interface between St. James Coffee and the surrounding community, developing cooperative relationships with all patrons, area residents, priests and their parishes. A detailed job description is available upon request.
Candidate must be an active member of a Catholic parish faith community
Candidate must have ministry experience or, in lieu of experience, demonstrate ability to facilitate programming with the purpose of evangelization
Candidate preferably would have business management experience
Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours
At St. James Coffee, we offer many of the features you’ve enjoyed at other coffee houses – cozy chairs in front of a fireplace, friendly baristi, Internet Wi-Fi, fresh pastries, smoothies, chai tea, and coffee drinks including mochas, cappuccino, latte and frappes. But we add some features and events inspired by Catholicism’s rich heritage – portraits and books about Catholic saints; live music on weekends; a Eucharistic prayer chapel that’s tucked into the back of the coffee shop; and educational sessions about theology and social topics, including monthly talks by internationally known Catholic speaker Raymond DeSouza. Everyone is welcome. Come as you are. And if you have any questions about Catholicism, our staff and volunteers are ready and willing to discuss them.
Our mission is to provide a space for non-Catholics and non-practicing Catholics to come to know Christ and His Church, and to provide a forum for Catholics to find fellowship and catechesis.
Located in Northwest Rochester St. James Coffee is minutes away from IBM and the world’s leading health care system, Mayo Clinic and its hospitals. The city is great for people of all ages: young adults love the career opportunities; young families love the family friendly communities and local school choices (Rochester Public Schools are among the best in the state, and Rochester Catholic Schools are second to none); and empty-nesters and the elderly enjoy the wide range of community services oriented towards their stage in life. Rochester is the third largest city in Minnesota and is expected to double or even triple it’s population over the next 20 years. It is only 90 miles, a nice short drive, from the heart of the Twin Cities. The Catholic community, led by Bishop John Quinn, has deep roots in Rochester and is engaged in the New Evangelization.
Please E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you prefer traditional mail delivery over E-mail send it to:
St. James Coffee
C/O Bob Robak
4156 18th Avenue Northwest
Rochester, Minnesota 55901
Assistant Development Director
Saint Paul’s Outreach, West Saint Paul, MN
Youth Ministry Position
Church of Saint Boniface, Cold Spring, Minnesota
The position will remain open until filled.
Fr. Matthew Luft, OSB
Church of Saint Boniface
501 Main Street
Cold Spring, MN firstname.lastname@example.org
FAITH FORMATION DIRECTOR
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church – Chisholm, Minnesota
The director is responsible for overseeing and coordination of the total faith formation program of the parish including preschool, classes for grades K-12, ongoing family formation ministries, and activities for youth, adults and families.Review of applications begins March 1, 2014.
Fr. Fredrick Method at email@example.com
or at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church,
113 SW 4th Street, Chisholm, MN 55719
Director of Youth Ministry
Church of Corpus Christi, Bismarck, ND
Posted March 17, 2014
A unique and dynamic opportunity in youth ministry is now available at the Church of Corpus Christi, in Bismarck, North Dakota. Responsibilities for this position include the direction and expansion of an already established youth ministry program which includes middle school, high school and young adult programs and the development, training, and support of an effective group of adult and teenage volunteers.
Requirements for this position include a passion for youth ministry, an ability to expand and lead a successful youth ministry program, and an ability to attract and motivate students in grade 6-12. The applicant shall be a faithful, practicing Catholic knowledgeable in his or her faith and must exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The preferred applicant will have a minimum of three years prior youth ministry experience and will possess a degree in youth ministry, theology, or a related field.
Salary is negotiable and the selected applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check. Please mail or email your resume and three professional references to:
Father Paul Becker
Church of Corpus Christi
1919 N 2nd St
Bismarck, ND, 58501
About Corpus Christi:
The Church of Corpus Christi is a Roman Catholic parish of about 2,000 registered households in the Diocese of Bismarck. In order to build our community of worship, Corpus Christi continues to expand its faith formation programs, ministries and organizations to meet the needs of its growing membership. The mission of the youth ministry program is to inspire youth to live as Disciples of Christ.
Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation
St. Susanna in Mason, OH
Posted March 13, 2014
St. Susanna Parish, a large vibrant suburban parish of 4200 households in Mason, Ohio is seeking a full time Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation. This individual will minister to children grades K-4 with respective sacrament preparation and work cooperatively with two other associates in adult faith formation.
The successful candidate will be a practicing Catholic with love for the faith and who witnesses compassion to others on the faith journey as well as strong leadership and organizational skills. The candidate needs working knowledge of Church documents including the National Directory for Catechesis and Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us. Imperative to the position is the ability to work well with people and to think creatively. As part of a team, he/she will help provide multiple faith formation experiences into many aspects of parish life. Prior experience working in a large parish is ideal.
St. Susanna is committed to adult faith formation in order to nourish and strengthen our parishioner’s knowledge of the faith; instill in them a desire to witness Gospel values; and helping other to engage actively in the fullness of our faith. A Bachelors degree and experience in the field are needed. Salary and benefits commensurate with education and professional experience. Position to begin July 2014. Send resume and cover letter no later than May 5, 2014 to Rev. Robert Farrell, 616 Reading Road, Mason, Ohio 45040. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Associate for Youth Ministry
St. Susanna in Mason, OH
Posted March 13, 2014
St. Susanna Parish, a large vibrant suburban parish of 4200 households in Mason, Ohio is seeking a full time Youth Minister. He/she will serve as a spiritual leader to our young people and empower them to become engaged in the life, mission and work of the faith community. The position includes, but is not limited to, faith formation, service projects and retreats to empower Junior High and High School students to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
The successful candidate will be a practicing Catholic who loves working with children and young adults. A familiarity with the Life Teen model of youth ministry as found in Renewing the Vision; A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry, USCCB, 1997, is important. As part of a team, the ability to work well with people and to think creatively is imperative. Prior experience working in a large parish is ideal.
Bachelor’s degree and experience in the field are needed. Salary and benefits are commensurate with education and professional experience. Position to begin July 2014. Send resume and cover letter no later than May 5, 2014 to Rev. Robert Farrell, 616 Reading Road, Mason, Ohio 45040. email@example.com
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Newman Center – Aberdeen, SD
Posted April 15, 2014
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume, along with contact information for three references either by email to Father.T.Anderson@gmail.com or to 310 15th Ave. SE; Aberdeen, SD 57401. Submit applications by May 15th, 2014.
● Lead students (and sometimes faculty/staff) in devotions, education, and fellowship through small groups or other mentoring.
● Lead students in ministry and fellowship activities.
● Must develop relationships with students, faculty, and staff by being where they are and involved in what they are involved in.
● Oversee student employees and other volunteers as assigned.
Education: High school diploma, and bachelor’s degree preferable.
Experience: Experience leading small groups and mentoring others.
• Develops and leverages effective working relationships with others
• Acts with respect toward others
• Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and seeking win-win solutions
• Provides clear, consistent and timely communications
• Gives compelling reasons for ideas and recommendations
• Continually works to create an irresistible environment, to see around the corner to anticipate future trends and consequences
• Translates vision into clear and effective plans
• Develops and consistently executes performance objectives
• Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully
• Consistently performs and adds value
• Assesses and fills positions with qualified individuals
• Sets clear and measurable goals; coaches others to do the same
• Monitors progress and results; Provides ongoing performance feedback
• Rewards for accomplishments
• Provides challenging assignments as well as development activities
HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTER
St. Cecilia Catholic Community
11720 Joan of Arc Drive – Houston, TX 77024
Saint Cecilia’s is a dynamic Catholic parish in West Houston. Every year we confirm over 150 youth and minister to over 400 High School youth and 300 Middle School youth. We use Life Teen as a model for our ministry. Each year we go on four retreats, a summer conference, and run a summer camp for middle school youth.
The Youth Minister will serve as part of the Youth Ministry and Religious Education Teams. This person will be responsible for catechizing, as well as advocating the needs and concerns of our youth in grades 6 – 12 by designing and implementing appropriate youth related programs. The Youth Minister will receive direction from the Pastor through the Coordinator of Youth Ministry along with support from fellow members of the Parish staff. The goal of the Youth Minister is to lead teens closer to Christ.
• Work with the Coordinator of Youth Ministries to develop and execute the LIFE TEEN and EDGE program. This includes recruiting, training, supporting and nurturing the Core Team.
• Coordinate and help facilitate high school and middle school youth retreats on and off campus.
• Coordinate events outside of regular LIFE TEEN & EDGE meetings. (Bible study, social events, etc.)
• Maintain good communication with parents & teens through various means. (E-mail, website, etc.)
• Be a positive role model by living the Catholic faith.
• Reach out to high school and middle school youth by visiting them on their school campus; (all schools serving our parishioners.)
• Assist in running middle school summer camp.
• Foster community within the EDGE between SCCS students and other middle school students.
• Evangelize the high school and middle school youth who are not currently connected to the Parish through either the day school or CCE.
• Attend and participate in weekly St. Cecilia staff meetings, monthly Diocesan Youth Ministry meetings and all other meetings necessary to fulfill job requirements.
A person called to serve as the high school and middle school Youth Minister should have:
• A strong commitment to God
• A clear understanding of and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Initiative. The ideal candidate must be a self starter
• A willing desire to share his or her love and faith with youth
• Spiritual maturity to interact appropriately with teens of both genders
• Be personable and able to relate to youth
• Theology degree helpful – confidence in apologetics is necessary
• Previous youth ministry experience
• Ability to function as a viable member of the Parish staff
• Computer literacy (Power Point, editing skills and video experience helpful)
• Bilingual abilities a plus
• Musical talent beneficial
• Experience and ability to speak/preach to a large group (300+)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to David Thies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacred Heart Church, Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Posted April 14, 2014
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
We are currently accepting résumés for the position of:
Youth Minister (Full-Time)
In collaboration with Sacred Heart School, Sacred Heart Parish
(Wetaskiwin) is seeking a full-time youth minister to share the Gospel message of Jesus Christ with our Catholic youth. Through your personal witness of the Faith, you will share Jesus with the youth in our community by serving as a leader, spiritual mentor, and religious educator, handing on the Catholic Faith in fidelity to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Brief Job Description
• Spearhead, organize and deliver ongoing Junior High and High School youth ministry, through weekly programs designed appropriately for grades 6 to 9 and grades 9 through 12.
• Provide outreach and mentoring to students in grades 6 through 9 at Sacred Heart School through lunch-time ministry, faith formation presentations and Catholic youth programs.
• Lead and coordinate Catholic youth retreats, service projects and special events
• Guide and coordinate youth ministry volunteers
Recommended Job Qualifications
• Youth ministry experience
• Canadian Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies
• Theological and pastoral ministry training/education
• Energetic, vibrant and enthusiastic
• Love for Jesus, teens and evangelization
• Keen administrative, project management and communication skills
• Active member of a Roman Catholic Parish
• Criminal Record Check; Child Welfare Check
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience and education. An expanded job description is provided during interviews. Deadline of Résumé Submission: May 15, 2014
To submit your résumé or for further inquiry please contact:
Sacred Heart Parish
Attention – Fr. Nilo Macapinlac
5113 – 49 Ave
Telephone: 780 352-2365 E-mail: email@example.com Fax: 780