Below you will find a list of job postings sent to us by various parishes and religious organizations. Click on your state or country below to view job postings in your area.
Director of Elementary and Middle School Faith Formation Programs
Posted November 25, 2013
Holy Name Catholic School and the Parishes of St. Anthony, St. Joseph & St. Patrick and St. Thomas in Escanaba, Michigan are seeking a full time Director of Faith Formation for a coordinated School and Parish Faith Formation Program.
Description: The Director of Elementary and Middle School Faith Formation coordinates programs in a multi-parish Catholic School and multi-parish Faith Formation program. Duties include organization of program, continuing education for teachers and catechists in both school and parish program, coordination of the K4J (Kids for Jesus) program, preparation for weekly Mass in school and other activities, sacramental preparation programs (First Reconciliation and First Communion), overseeing the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program, planning retreats and days of reflection.
Requirements: Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church; a bachelor degree in Theology or Religious Studies; possess a deep commitment to the Catholic Faith; catechetical experience; able to work well with others, delegating and sharing responsibilities; able to complete VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children workshop within 60 days of hire; complete a background check.
Submissions: You may request full job descriptions and if you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a cover letter describing the reason(s) for your interest in the position; a resumé, and letters of reference. The starting date is negotiable. Submit documents via email to email@example.com or send a hard copy of these documents to the following address:
Escanaba Catholic Faith Formation
Att: Mickey Trottier
409 South 22nd Street
Escanaba, Michigan 49829
Children’s Ministry Rock Star
aka Associate Director of Faith Formation (Full-Time)
St. Theresa Catholic Church in Memorial Park (Houston, TX)
Posted November 15, 2013
Our 1,200 family parish is looking to add an enthusiastic and creative person to our parish’s growing Faith Formation team. If you are excited to find new ways to reach and evangelize children and families, and the thought of creating a ministry that is welcoming and inclusive brings a big smile to your face, we would love to talk with you more!
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and running our dynamic elementary Faith Formation programs
- Preparing students and parents for First Reconciliation and First Communion
- Planning and implementing exciting, outside-of-the-box events for children and families
- Communicating regularly and consistently with parents and students
- Developing a strong volunteer team
- Providing support as part of the Faith Formation team
- Working as part of a team developing a program with a consistent vision and goal
- Assisting with Student Ministry events and programs !!
- Bachelors degree in Theology or Catechetics
- Previous Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry or Faith Formation experience
- Technologically savvy with above average skills using Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, Mac OS, ProPresenter, Photoshop and Premiere
- An eye for sleek and modern design
- Strong public relations skills
- Excessively organized
- Some nights and weekends required !!
Send a resume and recent photo to Michael Marchand, Director of Faith Formation and Student Ministry: firstname.lastname@example.org